The primary way to edit and interact with models in TinyModeler is called the Editor. This document describes each element of the editor and how to use it.
When you open the Editor, you'll see toolbar at the top with the following buttons:
The Entity Dialog
When you're in normal interaction mode and click on the body of an entity, the Entity Dialog will appear.
From here, you can edit the entity's name and manage its properties and actions. The fields for each property are, in order:
- Name - The name of the entity.
- Type - The data type of the property. Possible values include some standard data types as well as the names of all entities in your model.
- Nullability - Possible values include: nullable (value can be null), not null (value cannot be null), and identity (property forms part of the entity's identity).
Each action has a name and return type, along with zero or more arguments that each have a name and type.
The Relationship Dialog
When you're in normal interaction mode and click on a relationship, the Relationship Dialog will appear.
From here, you can edit the following properties for each side of the relationship (link):
- Arity - Whether this link can have only one or many objects for an instance of the relationship.
- Indentifier - Whether or not this link is a part of the other entities identity.
- Label - A label that appears next to the link in the diagram.